SET THE PACE

set the pace

Why would others run and you’d follow?
Not knowing where they are headed to
I mean yesterday, today and tomorrow
And then crash into oblivion
Wait! Would you rather Walk around in circles?
Or set the pace for others to follow


You may say I’ve got a loud mouth
Talk is cheap my sister
Look around you,
Are you ignorant or blessed with a bats view?
The many problems of humanity starring in your face
Why complain when you can ease the pain
Take away the agony
Give clues and proffer solutions

Oh! It’s a lot of work and strain
Your very little strength it may drain
But many before you ran with reckless abandon
With uncertainty and fear?
Oh! No! With conviction and care
Worries and burden they lay bare
Like Esther if I die, I die if I perish I perish
Not because she’s royalty
But an orphan with resolve and loyalty
She dares to set the pace

Like Ruth to Naomi
Have you wondered the unwavering commitment?
My God shall be your God and your people my people?
That’s for a woman who dares to set the pace
Not coercing others to follow
Living a life of impact others dare not but wish in their hearts hollow
Not minding her loss
She takes up her cross
And follows, others thinking to her loss
She re writes history, you know she’s the boss!

Here's to all who wants the first beam to cast
Say with me I'm no longer a slave to guilt and my past.
I can impact my world.
I can DARE TO SET THE PACE.
I'm not an afterthought,
not born to be a liability,
I'm an asset
I'm a PACESETTING LADY,
A PROMINENT LADY and
A LADY OF SUBSTANCE. 

 By Rita Ebeh

#pacesettingladies #ebehrita #poetry #spokenword #ritspoke

Comments